1. Please read the Application Guide before you submit the application. If you have any question please email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. After clicking the New Applicant link, you will be directed to a registration page. Upon successful registration, an activation link will be automatically sent to your email together with your username and password. Then go to your email inbox and click the activation link.
3. After your account is activated, please click on the Login link and enter credential information using your username and password you have just created.
4. Please click Programme Offered to view programmes offered for session 1-2014/2015
1. Once you have successfully login into the system, please click the New Application Button.
2. You are required to make payment for the processing fee before you can create new application. Please refer to our payment instruction.
3. Your payment will be verified by UMS Bursar within 12 working hours. Once your payment has been verified and accepted, you will be notified via e-mail whether the transaction is successful.
4. After your payment has been verified, please login into the system and continue with your application. Please select intake session, level of study,method of study, mode of study and programme that you want to enroll.
5. Please make sure you click Save/Update button before you proceed to the next section.
6. Please enter the following information in order to complete your application:
i. Personal Information
ii. Application Information
iii. Language Proficiency
iv. Academic Qualification
v. Working Experience (Not compulsory)
vi. Two referees information
vii. Financial Support
viii. Potential Supervisor (for research only)
viiii. Upload Documents
7. For potential supervisor section, you may find and view lecturer's expertise in our UMS Expertise Directory. Note: If you have not identified your advisor yet just leave it blank.
8. For declaration section, please ensure that you have uploaded all documents required by Center For Postgraduate Studies in order to proceed in this section.
1. Upon successful submission of your online application, please send the following documents via post:
Please note that your application will only be processed upon receipt of the hard copy of your printed online application form and the supporting document listed below:
i. Report from two referees. Sealed in envelope with signature across it
(Please print the referee form from the Menu Options >> Referees' Information
ii. Certified copy of :
a) Master’s Candidates : First Degree Certificate(s) and transcript (s) -(2 copies).
b) Ph. D Candidates: First and Masters Degree Certificate(s) and transcript (2 copies)
iii. Research proposal( for with thesis programme only)(2 copies)
iv. Certified copy of Identity Card (Local applicants) (2 copies)
v. Financial guarantee form (2 copies)
(Please print the guarantor's form from the Menu Options >> Guarantors' Information
vi. Proof of Payment (Bank draft or Copy of Telegraph Transfer form which has been processed by your bank)
Additional documents required from International applicants:
i. Certified copy of TOEFL or IELTS result (s)-(2 Copies).
ii. Certified copy of passport (pages with photograph, personal particulars and validity for at least one year) - (2 Copies)
iii. Passport-sized photograph (2 copies)
Send or mail it to :-
RECRUITMENT AND STUDENT RECORD SECTION
CENTRE FOR POSTGRADUATE STUDIES,
UNIVERSITI MALAYSIA SABAH,
JALAN UMS, 88400 KOTA KINABALU,
before application deadline.
Please write down your IC number (for Malaysian) or Passport number (For International applicants) at the top left corner of the envelope.
To check your status or to edit your online application (before being processed) please login into postgraduate application portal at http://smpp.ums.edu.my/application using your Username and Password.